Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 - A Year in Review

This year, instead of spending a lot of time going over events that happened this past year in chronological order, I will sum up things.  I will list the top 10 worst things of 2016, the top 10 best things, and the top 10 things I hope to happen in 2017.  Here we go

TOP TEN WORST THINGS OF 2016

1) The fall out of Pickup - after five years of following pickup and with RSD especially, it all ended shortly after the World Conference and Miami 5-Day bootcamp in February.  Shortly after, my pursuit of pickup ended.

2) Didn't make many friends in 2016 - I felt like I completely regressed in that department.

3) The demise of the SoHo nightlife - After falling out of pickup, the SoHo nightlife became almost impossible for me.  While there were some interesting nights especially around Halloween, SoHo was never the same for me and vowed to never return until things change for the better.

4) Dating/Sex life didn't improve one bit, despite efforts at the beginning of the year and sporadic efforts throughout the year.

5) Uncle passes away.  I saw this one coming and it was only a matter of time.

6) Lot of celebrities, some famous icons some lesser known, passed away this year, and it seemed like many passed away this year alone.

7) Fallout with friends.  I lost way more friends this year than I've gained, including people I was friends with back 10-20 years ago.  Most of it was due to the election, one was due to outright betrayal, and another was because I told her to get out of my business.

8) The temporary fallout with the Tampa salsa community.  Glad that was saved.

9) No more network marketing, after completely quitting cold on Nikken and a failed attempt at a Beachbody business.

10) Obama just went insane this past year despite there being more terrorist attacks and conflicts in the streets and he got even crazier after he lost the election.


and now onto the TOP TEN BEST THINGS OF 2016

1) Moved to SoHo after wanting to do so for the last few years.

2) Didn't struggle financially as much as I did the last 8 years.

3) Got into Historical European Martial Arts, basically reviving my interest and practice in fencing

4) Trump won the election against all odds and showed that proud, hard working Americans still make up a great majority in this country.

5) Ran my first marathon

6) The year started really well, with an awesome makeout session and there were a few more to follow

7) Got to visit the mountains of North Carolina after wanting to do so for so long

8) Visited New York again, this time for my first out of state Salsa Congress

9) Visited St. Augustine after having to keep postponing that trip for many years

10) Got promoted to supervisor at work


and now TOP TEN THINGS I HOPE WILL HAPPEN IN 2017

1) This nation gets back on track and things become stable again in our government and America becomes great again.

2) I go to Disney a lot, something I haven't done once in over a decade

3) My dating/sex life improves DRASTICALLY

4) I become more social and outgoing

5) I travel to some awesome places

6) I work in New York, whether it be a week, a month, 10 months, whatever

7) Things in SoHo become great again, like they start having a legit Latin night over at HPC

8) I stay in shape and don't fall off the wayside

9) I read more books on my favorite subjects

10) I continue to move up in my career

Happy 2017 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment