Thursday, December 29, 2016

It's Official - SoHo No More

Well that settles it - When an anti-anxiety drug everyone raves about can't help, there's not much more I can do in my current situation.  In 2017, I will no longer be partaking in the nightlife in SoHo.  I am tired of trying to fit in.  I've tried, many times, to hang out at venues, meet people, and even hook up.  The problem is it just comes down to me not fitting in.

I first started hanging out in SoHo some months after moving to Tampa five years ago when I wanted to just check out a nightclub in general.  I was starting to get into the whole pickup thing at the time, and before I was never a big fan of going to nightclubs but I wanted to give one a shot, so I chose to go to one in an area called Hyde Park/SoHo that offered salsa lessons at the beginning of the night.  From there, I became hooked and this opened so many new possibilities for me.  But alas, those days are over.  That venue no longer does the salsa classes or even has a true latin night anymore.  There was a time in SoHo when you didn't have to be a frat boy type or bro-dawg to have a good time.  There were definitely venues that catered to that, but there were also venues that catered to other interests - ones that were much more classy and attracted different types of people.  Now every venue tries to cater to the frat boys, the moron douchebags, the sorority snobs, the grinders, etc. and there's no escaping it.  It really sucks too because I moved down here this past year just to be closer to the venues and the Starbucks/Panera I always hang out at.  Now the venues are obsolete and there are better venues for me to hang out at elsewhere.

With that said, I will still live here.  After all, it's still relatively affordable with a roommate and all and it's one of the only walkable places in Tampa next to downtown and within a close distance to everything.  And who knows, maybe someone or some great force out there in the universe will make SoHo great again.  Until then, I will avoid the nightlife.  In fact, I may even skip town on Gasparilla weekend this coming year.  What sucks is no matter what my friend I'm living about it won't shut up about how I'm missing out on hot women or something like that, even though they're incompatible hot women usually and there are better hot women at dance socials or other venues.  Also I may still go to whatever pool socials they have at the apartment once the spring/summer rolls around.

Who knows though?  Maybe things will work in my favor and I may find motivation and reason to go out there again without having to struggle.  For now though, it's time to put it to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment